Safeguarding at Bishopton
Bishopton PRU recognises our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of our pupils.
We will endeavour to provide a safe and welcoming environment where children are respected and valued.
We will be alert to the signs of abuse and neglect and will follow our procedures to ensure that children receive effective support, protection and justice.
At Bishopton PRU, the Safeguarding Lead is Emily Carr and Rachel Campbell and the Chair of the Local Governing Body is Mrs Lorna McLean who has governor responsibility for Safeguarding. Please see poster below for all named staff responsible for Safeguarding:
We are an Operation Encompass School
Operation Encompass was introduced in Plymouth, Devon and Cornwall, in February 2011 and has proved very effective in providing appropriate support in a timely manner. Operation Encompass, has been designed to provide early reporting to schools of any domestic abuse incidents that occur outside normal school hours and that might have an impact on a child attending our school the following day. This information will be shared at the earliest opportunity between Monday and Thursday and, when an incident occurs on a Friday, Saturday or a Sunday, the police will contact us the following Monday.
A nominated member of our school staff, known as the Designated Safeguarding Lead, are trained to liaise with the police. They will be able to use the information that has been shared with them, in confidence, to ensure that the School is able to make provision for possible difficulties experienced by children or their families. Information will be shared where it is identified that a child or young person was present at, witnessed or was involved in a domestic abuse incident.
If you would like more information about Operation Encompass operates and the benefits of it, you can view it online at:
Do you know WHO your child is WITH and WHAT they are doing?
When your child tells you they are going to a friend’s house or asks to ‘sleep out’ they may not always be where you think they are!
- Speak to your child about where they are going every time they go out and if they ask to sleep out at a friend’s ask Who, Where & When.
- Always tell your child if they ask for a ‘sleep out’ you will speak to their friend’s parent/carer to confirm
- Follow this up!
- Explain every time they go out and or ask to sleep over at friends you will ask questions and do a SAFE check because you are responsible to protect them.For confidential advice and support contact Barnardo’s on 01642 300774If you believe a child may be in immediate danger call Cleveland Police on 101
- If you are worried about a child contact Social Care on 01642 771500
- This campaign is to promote checking children’s whereabouts to prevent them being at risk and in the Wrong Hands.
Everyone’s Invited Website
Useful websites and Links:
Please find a range of links below that parents/carers may find useful: